Pascal Interview Questions and Answers
In simple words, Pascal is a programming language that supports programming structured and data structures. It is a third-generation language designed for instructional purposes. The language is developed by Niklaus Wirth in 1971 and is named after the Mathematician scientist Blaise Pascal. One pascal is equivalent to one newton (1 N) of force applied over an area of one meter squared, that is (1 Pa = 1 N . m-2). Mentioned below are some of the Pascal Triangle Interview Questions that will help you get the right knowledge.
Most Frequently Asked Pascal Interview Questions
- It is a structured language that has structures like repeat-until statements, if-else.
- It provides simplicity and a modern approach
- It includes data structures like arrays, pointers, records, and files
- It provides exact sizes used by operators
It is a collection of elements of the same type which allows defining the set data type.
A program consists of modules known as Pascal units which consist of code blocks, variables, statement procedures, and declarations.
Data types mean a range of value that a variable can store. The predefined data types are integers, the real numbers, Boolean data types files that define only two values, and the last one is a char data type.
To display the flow of control in a structured manner, Pascal uses a structured programming language. It also uses the goto statement that gives control to the main program in a recursive manner.
The sub-range means implementation of the functions for data conversions on the data types like real to the integer. One such is
- X: 1.. 10;
- Y: ‘a’..’z’;
- Z: Apple. Mango;
The different pointer types used in Pascal are recorder pointer, reference pointer, and the last associate pointer.
The first method is an application which allows using implementation and features according to the compiler and second is a compiler that is likely to implement the features that are compatible with one another.
Constant means which remains unchanged.
Following are the 6 constants
- Set Types
- Real Types
- Ordinal Types
- Pointer Types
- String and char
The syntax used to declare constant is
Identifier = constant_value;
Character Arrays, string variables, short strings, null terminated strings, and last ANSI strings.
The base type determines the type of components like subrange, record, arrays, Boolean, Integer, and much more. Technically it means
File-name = file of base-type;
Pascal uses extensions to extend the features uses in language but a program that is coded with the language doesn’t use many extensions because of fewer requirements of high performances.
- First, go to compile menu in Turbo Pascal
- Then select compile to memory
- Now open the menu again
- It will say Compile to disk
- Select compile and it will automatically create a .exe file
|S.no||Modern Pascal||Standard Pascal|
|1.||Modern Pascal provides backward compatibility with their parameters||Standard Pascal doesn’t provide this kind of approach.|
|2.||Modern Pascal uses less ambiguity and more securities while coding or programming.||Standard Pascal uses less security and more ambiguity while programming or coding.|
|3.||Modern Pascal provides a definitive type of compatibility with its symbols or parameters.||Standard Pascal doesn’t provide anything related to parameters or symbols.|
|4.||Modern Pascal removes the length of the symbol.||Standard Pascal doesn’t remove the symbol length limit.|
|5.||Modern Pascal provides Var parameters and makes advancement over standard.||Standard Pascal does not provide these types of parameters.|
P-machine Pascal is the variant of the Pascal and following are the changes that made in P-machine.
- Dispose was not being implemented in the P-machine
- It was replaced by mark and release keywords
- Goto has no reference targets
- P-machine allows the use of pre-defined Identifiers
- Like round, page, disclose and maxing
Custom string run fast has more space, takes the input from the user, and it is easier for the program to makes an entry in the table. The string size can be changed and the string libraries help in easier to code with.
Constructors: This method is also known as Init which can be created by declaring a method with the keyword.
Destructors: This method is called during the destruction of the object can destroy any memory created by constructors.
There are three loops in Pascal:
- Pretest: It tests a Boolean expression and then goes into a loop if true.
- Posttest: It executes the loop and then tests the Boolean expression.
- Fixed Repetition: It repeats a fixed number of items.
- The Semicolons used as statement separators because other statements can be executed.
- For a case or block statement, there is no need for semi-colon as it needs to get executed.
- There is no use of semicolon before the keyword end as it reflects the record type declaration.
- The semicolon is applied where there is a sequence of statement that is written in more statement.
Firstly Pascal can’t handle the string of characters and it is one of the top disadvantages of the language.
- It is easier to handle large programs because by using Units it splits into a smaller section
- By adding UNITS, one can use the same code in some other program to do the same job.
- If you put a code in a unit, it becomes easy to call and use it again.
Key features of pascal programming language
- High speed and low memory use
- Great Integration with assembler
- Distribution Independence
- Each unit has its own identifiers
- Very clean language
- Object-Oriented programming
- The programming language was designed by Niklaus Wirth in 1968-1969 and it was published in 1970.
- ALGOL 60 pattern is similar to the Pascal Language on which it is developed.
- Its Object-oriented programming version was launched in 1985.
Some programmers feel that Pascal is too restrictive in its rules and doesn't allow a programmer to state new rules. But eventually, it started providing simplicity and a modular approach for machine implementation. You will get to know about this when you start reading pascal interview questions and answers that we are mentioning down below. Modern Pascal uses more securities and fewer ambiguities while programming or coding and still used as an instructional language.
Latest Version: The latest version of Free Pascal is version 3.0.4 and development releases version numbers 3.1.x.