OrientDB interview questions
Overview of OrientDB
OrientDB is one of the world’s best and first open-source multi-model database management system. The different model OrientDB supports is a document, graph, object, and key/value models.OrientDB is written in Java programming language.
All your questions related to OrientDB will be answered in the OrientDB interview questions mentioned below.
There are two editions in OrientDB:- Community Edition and Enterprise Edition. The community edition is an open source edition which is free to use it anyways. Enterprise Edition is an extension of the community edition which is for commercial use.
OrientDB was designed by Luca Garulli. OrientDB’s development depends on an open source community which was led by OrientDB LTD. OrientDB LTD company was created by Luca Garulli. The initial release of OrientDB was in the year 2010.
Features of OrientDB
- OrientDB is a graph-structured data model
- OrientDB can be installed within 60 seconds
- OrientDB supports the RESTful, HTTP protocol and also JSON additional libraries or components
- OrientDB is free for any use
- OrientDB allows the relational databases to be rapidly imported into OrientDB in few steps.
- OrientDB can run on any operating systems like Linux, OS X, Windows because it is written in JAVA
- OrientDB has an active community base
In the article below, you will come across the best OrientDB Interview Questions, read them to help yourself ace the interview round and get the job of your dreams.
The newest version of OrientDB is 3.0.12. This version was released on 10th December 2018.
Most Frequently Asked OrientDB interview questions And Answers With Examples:
- What is OrientDB and why it is used?
- What is the latest version of OrientDB?
- How to install OrientDB? Here are the following steps to install OrientDB.
- What are the advantages of OrientDB?
- What is the difference between MongoDB and OrientDB?
- Explain the main Features of OrientDB?
- Explain OrientDB vs. neo4j?
- Explain data types in OrientDB?
- what is cluster in orientdb?
- what is scaling in orientdb?
- What is Graph Model in OrientDB?
OrientDB is a database management system written in Java, and it is open source and uses NoSQL. It is used as a cross system database since it can be installed on Linux, Windows or Mac. OrientDB is used for Big Data applications as it provides a unified database for different types of data models.
- Download the in-built OrientDB binary set up file. This file gives different already compiled binary packages for the different OS.
- Extract and then install the OrientDB. In Linux, the file name will be orientDB-community-2.1.9.tar.gz, and In windows, the file will be orientdb-community-2.1.9.zip .
- Configure an OrientDB server as a service. Configuration procedure depends on the Operating System.
- Verify the Installation of OrientDB. Verification is done using three steps:-
Run the server.
Run the console.
Run the studio.
The verification procedure is different for different Operating Systems.
This is a fundamental OrientDB interview question
- Many database modules integrated into one db.
- Good user profile based security system.
- SQL engine developed from scratch to improve performance.
- Storage caching better for reducing latency.
- Remote connection with increased transaction isolation.
|1.||MongoDB does not support ACID transactions, but MongoDB supports atomic operations.||OrientDB supports both ACID transactions and atomic operations.|
|2.||MongoDB has its own language which is based on JSON||The query language is fundamentally built on SQL.|
|3.||MongoDB uses B-Tree algorithm for all the indexes.||OrientDB helps three different indexing algorithms so that the user can achieve the best performance.|
|1.||OrientDB is the multi-model database management system||Neo4j is an open source graph database.|
|2.||OrientDB is written in Java||Neo4j is written in Java and Scala|
|3.||Replication Method:- Causal Clustering using the Raft protocol info||Replication Method:- master - master|
This is one of the most asked OrientDB interview questions.
Clusterin OrientDB is used to store the group of documents, records or vertices. By default, OrientDB creates only one cluster in each class and in that one cluster which has the same name as of the class stores all the record of the class. In a database up to 32,767(2^15-1) clusters can be created.
A CREATE command is used to create a cluster in a class with a specific name. By default, only one cluster can be formed in a class, but multiple clusters can also be produced by spawning the records in various places
A graph model is a data model which is basically a network-like structure. A graph model stores the data in the form of Vertices (Nodes) which are interconnected with the help of Arcs (Edges). The original artifacts of this graph model are the edge and vertex.
Vertex – Vertex is an entity which can be connected with other Vertices and it has the following properties:
- It is a unique identifier
- It has a set of incoming Edges
- It has a set of outgoing Edges
Edge – Edge is an entity that connects the two Vertices, and it has the following properties:
- It is a unique identifier
- It links to an incoming Vertex (also known as head)
- It relates to an outgoing Vertex (also known as tail)
- It is a label that defines the type of connection/relationship between head and tail vertex.
Point to be noted: Go through this Q&A very thoroughly as this is one of the essential CouchDB interview questions.