An Overview of OpenCart
An open source and PHP-based, OpenCart is an online shopping cart system that allows designers to create feature rich, search engine friendly and with an appealing website. It uses HTML components and a MySQL database. Properly supported for different languages, it is available under the GNU General Public License. OpenCart is popular among fresher graphic designers as experienced ones. It is because of its user-friendly interface and simple installation; it does not take time to configure a new store with this platform.
Overviewing these OpenCart interview questions for experienced as well as individuals and the other crucial factors mentioned here can be remarkably result oriented for candidates and new learners to this niche.
Development History of OpenCart
Christopher G. Mann developed OpenCart in the year 1998. It was publically released in May 1999. This information is critical for opencart interview questions and answers opencart interview questions and answers for experienced professionals.
Latest Version: The newest version is OpenCart 126.96.36.199, which was released in Jan 2019.
If you are preparing for OpenCart interview questions, do memorize the advantages of OpenCart.
- Easy to use and deploy
- Powerful store management.
- Biggest selection of features and themes to improve your website's functionality.
- Extensive community support.
- Excellent modules & extensions
For those who are looking for OpenCart interview questions and answers, we have also included some of the problems for them. Go through it.
OpenCart Interview Questions and answers
- What is OpenCart?
- Who & when developed OpenCart?
- What are the key features of OpenCart? Explain
- How to change featured products in OpenCart?Explain step by step.
- What is the latest version of OpenCart and when did it released?
- List the steps to install OpenCart?
- Is OpenCart free?Explain
- OpenCart is CMS or Framework? Explain
- What is the difference between opencart and magento? Explain
- List some reasons, why we Choose OpenCart?
- Explain the difference between Opencart 1.xx and newer than 2.xx?
- What are the payment methods are available with in OpenCart installation?
- What do you meand by Ocmod in opencart?
- What is Modules in OpenCart?
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our OpenCart Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
OpenCart is an online shopping cart system that allows designers to create feature rich, search engine friendly and with an appealing website. It is because of its user-friendly interface and simple installation; it does not take time to configure a new store with this platform.
- Simplicity & Light weight
- Fast & easy to learn
- Responsive Design & Multilingual Support
- In built User management
- Discount, Offers, Coupons and Options and Properties
- Having different payment options
- Review and Ratings
- Parallax Effect & Lazy Load etc
- Goto Login dashboard and login your OpenCart admin panel
- Go to Products section.
- Search the product that you would like to be set as featured. Edit this by Edit link.
- Now please Choose Special tab.
- Special prices can be change the value of the product’s price to the new price.
- Now Click on Save Buttons to save these changes.
The latest version of OpenCart is 188.8.131.52. This version was released in Jan 2019.
- Go to Download page and download the latest version.
- Extract the downloaded file in your and then navigate to the "upload" directory.
- Rename the these files which ids placed in upload directory.
- Rename "config-dist.php" to "config.php"
- Also rename "admin/config-dist.php" to "admin/config.php"
- Make the writable permission to these given files and directories.
- system/storage/ complete folder
- image complete folder
- config.php and admin/config.php
- Now configure your database connections in config file in upload folder.
- Now it has been almost installed
- User-friendly and Capability : For managing Magento we should have some programming and technical knowledge than for OpenCart. Magento is fully customizable, flexible, having various SEO resources and manyl extensions while OpenCart does not have.
- Support and Popularity : Magento is very powerful as compared to OpenCart. Both having their communities and always ready to help the clients. Quality of programmers are very high in Magento as compared to OpenCart.
- Costs of Extensions and Hosting Plans : Magento's cost is double as compared to OpenCart in hosting, extensions and premium templates, since OpenCart is lightweight.
Conclusion : Magento is best choice for large business with huge budget and OpenCart is best for small business with low budget. It depends on users to choose a platform according to their need & requirements.
- OpenCart is very Simple and Easy-to-Learn
- It is lightweight eCommerce platform with several eCommerce features.
- Opencart is easy to modify and Understand.
- It offers various shipping and payment methods to choose from and several modules are free.
- It provides New backend interface in from 2.0
- It gives much faster & clear Responsive Front end now
- Coding changes
- Alternative of VQMOD
- Extension installed
- More Payment Methods
- API etc
- Amazon Pay
- Bank Transfer
- Cash On Delivery
- WorldPay Online Payments
- Free Checkout
- Alipay Pay
- Cheque / Money Order
- First Data EMEA Connect etc