MariaDB Interview Questions and Answers
MariaDB is the most popular database created by MySQL's original developers. It carries an intention to replace MYSQL as of concern of MYSQL acquisition by Oracle. MariaDB contains open source and relational database technology. As being a rational database, it provides you with the strength of storing data in various tables. Our extensive collection of MariaDB interview questions is guaranteed to help you get your dream job. Read on!
- MariaDB incorporates a wide choice of storage engines, including high-performance storage engines, for working with different RDBMS information sources.
- MariaDB utilizes a standard query language.
- MariaDB keeps running on various operating systems with a wide range of programming language..
- MariaDB supports PHP, that widely used for development.
- MariaDB gives Galera cluster technology support that is a synchronous multi-master database.
- MariaDB additionally offers numerous tasks and directions inaccessible in MySQL and dispenses with/replaces highlights affecting execution contrarily.
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our MariaDB interview questions and answers.
Most Frequently Asked MariaDB Interview Questions
MariaDB needs to apply PHP mysql_query function to create a database.
Basic syntax −
bool mysql_query( sql, connection );
We need privileges To create or delete any database in MariaDB to root users or admins. Under this process, you have two choices for making a database − the mysqladmin binary and a PHP script.
1)SQL : This required parameter comprises of the SQL query expected to play out the operation.
2)Connection : At the point when a parameter is not determined, this optional parameter calls the most recent connection.
There are three kinds of data type-
- Numeric Data Types
- Date and Time Data Types
- String DataTypes
Selecting a database is the necessary part as many databases exist there.
We have two options to select database first using a command prompt or through a PHP script.
There are six queries
- Creating Table : In a table creation, determine its name, field names, and field definition.
- Drop Table : In this process, we delete a table these deleted tables are irrecoverable.
- Insert Table : Embeddings information into a table requires the INSERT query.
- Select Table : Select query applies on selected rows to retrieve them. It also gives different alternatives to specify the table use.
- Update Table : update query let you modify the existing data of the table by changing values.
- Delete Table : The delete query erases table row from the predefined table and returns the erased quantity.
It helps to sort the results of queries. It specifies the data in an operating order along with data sorting options in ascending (ASC) or descending (DESC) order. By default, it provides ascending order on the mission of order placements. ORDER BY clauses contains a wide range of statements such as DELETE and UPDATE. ORDER BY clauses works on final result of a table that is why they come at the end of a statement instead of in a subquery or earlier function set.
When we use a NULL value, it means they are unknown values. We can not consider them as empty strings or zero, which are valid values. In table creation, section details take into consideration setting them to acknowledge null values, or reject them. Essentially use a NULL or NOT NULL statement. This has applications in instances of missing record data like an ID number. Client characterized factors have an estimation of NULL until express task. Put away routine parameters and neighborhood factors permit setting an estimation of NULL. At the point when a neighborhood variable has no default esteem, it has an estimation of NULL.
There are certain operators cannot use with Null operator as result will be null also. Standard comparison operators cannot compare null values because it will return only null, not true or false.
Other available forms of operators are −
- IS NULL − It gives you result after testing for a NULL value.
- IS NOT NULL − It gives you confirmation about the unavailability of a NULL value.
- ISNULL − If it discovery a NULL value it returns a value of 1 if it is absent it returns a value of 0.
- COALESCE − In case of absence it returns a NULL value but generally, returns the first non-NULL value of a list.
As we know, JOIN retrieves data from the various table.
There are three forms of JOIN-
1) INNER JOIN : is the most common method of JOIN in which user get row from multiple tables when join condition is satisfied.
2) LEFT OUTER JOIN : This method returns all row from the left-hand table when ON condition is satisfied.
3) RIGHT OUTER JOIN : This method returns all row from the left-hand table when ON condition is satisfied.
A regular expression used to match string on a given pattern. String match pattern use for search option.
A transaction is a sequence of various operations. They work individually but terminates only when each operation executes successfully. Which mean once all operations have been completed only then the transaction will be successful. In case of a single operation gets fail it impacts the entire transaction as each sequence depends up to another one.
The general structure of an exchange explanation comprises of starting with START TRANSACTION. The subsequent stage is embeddings at least one or more commands/operations, inserting statements that check for mistakes, inserting ROLLBACK statements to deal with any error found, at last, inserting a COMMIT statement to implement modification on a successful operation.
- Atomicity − It interrupts the failures and rolls back the modification because It is responsible accomplish all operations.
- Consistency − It is responsible for changes implement by the database on a successful transaction.
- Isolation − It prepares the transaction operations to perform individually in a transaction.
- Durability − It is responsible for the persistence of a successful transaction in case an event of system failure occurs.
Alter command innovate the structure of an existing table, which allows modification such as add and remove of columns, modification of indices, modification in data types and modification in names. At the point metadata lock is active, Alter command is ready to apply modifications.
Indexes are tools to retrieve records by acceleration. An index column gets an entry for each value by an index production. Indexes are a companion with the various column, assist quick exploration and sufficient record management. Creating an index is consider which columns are frequently using in your query.
MariaDB uses indexes intensely to optimize queries given quick access to data and gave statistics. There are some users found indexes are complicated to manage. MariaDB provides a self-sufficient storage engine along with the availability of statistics table. Statistics are calculated by storage engine for every table in every storage engine. storage engine even calculates the statistics for columns that are not indexed.
There are some beneficial operations in temporary tables because of speed and disposable data. You can terminate the life of a temporary table by ending of a session, employment through command prompt, using a PHP script or through a client program. It is not typically visible in a system.
There are three methods-
- LOAD DATA statement
- MYSQLDUMP restore.
Quotes and special characters are not readable by an interpreter in a LOAD DATA statement. The statement only understands the simple values without quotes and backslashes as escape characters. The statement prefers field clause to specify formatting.
There are 5 functions:
- COUNT: It checks the quantity of records.
- MIN: It uncovers the base estimation of a lot of records.
- AVG: It computes the normal estimation of a lot of records.
- SUM: It figures the entirety of a lot of records.
The simple act of tolerating client input opens the way to exploits. Initially, the logical management of data creates a problem which fortunately has a way to get rid of his flaw.
When a user inserts any data like name or code logic, an error occurs to rescue that error we need to use SQL injection. The code offers access to the MariaDB which will perform on the database. Continuously consider information entered by clients, suspect and need solid approval before any preparing. Play out this approval through pattern coordinating.