Mainframe testing is somewhat similar to web-based testing. It is actually defined and designed for mainframe system testing. It has a major role in application development. It comes into action to test the test case which is developed.
Mainframe testing action usually takes place over the code which has already been deployed. Various sets of data combinations are used in the input file. Terminal emulator is usually used to access the applications running on the mainframe. The only thing that is required in the client’s system is Emulator installed in it. The tester must be aware of the CICS screen navigation while starting Mainframe testing.
You will get to about the complete details of Mainframe Testing in Mainframe support interview questions that we are mentioning below.
To get into complete the complete details about mainframe development interview question we are mentioning Questions and Answers that can be a help to you.
Advantages of Mainframe testing
The following are the advantages of a mainframe:
- Flexible infrastructure
- Your information is your power - centralized data hub doesn’t let it go waste.
- It provides a better yielding ability to the process.
- It provides you with the capability of recovering from the error
The following are the mainframe interview questions that are most likely to be asked:
Mainframe Interview Questions and answers
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our Mainframe Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
- What is meant by DRDA?
- What is the term “WHERE” for?
- How do you create a LIKE table?
- In a test environment, is there a need to run a runstats?
- Why do you need a secondary index in an IMS?
- Name the various types of tables spaces.
- What is the difference between HDAM and HIDAM databases?
- What is meant by referential integrity?
- Explain the meaning of SPUFI
- What do you mean by an alias?
- Where is the VSAM KSDS placed?
- List the type of locks and explain each of them.
- What is meant by an isolation level?
- Name all the file-OPEN modes
- Is the order of the WHEN clause important in an EVALUATE statement? Is the order of the WHEN clause significant in an EVALUATE statement?
- Are scope terminators compulsory? If they are, when?
- What do you mean by linkage section?
- Explain how you can characterize tables in COBOL
- What is the usage of COMP fields in COBOL?
- In which area will you utilize 88 level items in COBOL?
- Is it possible to move an alphanumeric incentive to a numeric field?
- Which is the difference between Delimited by size and Delimited by space?
- What is meant by COMP-3 and what is it used for?
- Is it possible to move the alphanumeric variables to a numeric variable?
- What is INSPECT and what is it used for?
- Can Min or Max be used with alphanumeric data?
- What is meant by deadlock in DB2?
- What is meant by a bolt dispute?
- Explain a linkage segment
- What is NEXT SENTENCE and CONTINUE unique?
DRDA means Distributed Relational Database Architecture, It is essentially a protocol for connection for relational database processing which many vendor databases and the IBM database use.
This is one of the most important mainframe developer interview questions.
It is required to run a runstats because you have to clear the default values from the catalog columns. The existence of a default value in a column may result in an unexpected answer
A secondary index is like an alternative path into any IMS database. It is a substitute path into any IMS database. It can be used as a file to acquire the required data.
|HDAM database||HIDAM database|
|HDAM databases do not have a separate index file. The key field in these files are passed through a randomizer and that places the record in its specific position in the database||HIDAM databases have their own separate file indexes and they are based on the root segment. Each file has a piece of information about the pointer that shows the position of the data.|
There are primarily three types of locks:
- Shared lock - The shared lock allows two or more programs to be read from the locked space itself but it does not allow the viewer to modify it
- Update lock - It is a relatively more lenient type of lock, it slows the program to be read and it can also be modified
- Exclusive lock - As the name states, it restricts any user to access the locked space and its contents
Yes, the order of the WHEN clause is significant in an EVALUATE statement. It has to take place from the top to the bottom and thereby, the order of the values has an effect on the results and may impact the outcome
Scope terminators are mandatory for EVALUATE statements and in-line PERFORMS. These are always declared with complete transparency to improve its readability
The happens condition is used to characterize exhibits or tables in COBOL. The components of the table can be eluded by using INDEX or SUBSCRIPT
The COMP fields are usually used for the optimum utilization for speed and space handling for arithmetic operations
88 level items indicate restrictive factors and it helps in making choices for specific conditions in a program. You can use SET to increase the incentive for 88 level elements
Yes, it is possible to move an alphanumeric incentive to a numeric field with a MOVE statement.
When it comes to delimited by size, the delimiter is when you add up to the size of information in the field. When it comes to delimited by space, the space itself is the delimiter
COMP-3 is used to share space and is a pressed decimal portrayal of information
Yes, it is possible. If the field is used as part of the computation, you may face an information case problem (S0C7). This data provides a solution to COBOL queries with information development of many factors
Yes, you can use MIN or MAX with alphanumeric information
NEXT SENTENCE is a code which handles the time frame and the stream of control into the statement. And the CONTINUE unique is responsible for the stream of control after the extension eliminator