LINQ Interview Questions
LINQ is an abbreviated form of Language -integrated Quer. It is an innovation which is used to bridge the gap between two platforms, namely Visual Studio 2008 and the .NET framework. There is a number of LINQ queries that are used to retrieve data from the data sources. In this, blog, we are providing a collection of LINQ interview questions that will help you in cracking interviews. Traditionally, the queries against data can be expressed in the form of simple strings without supporting IntelliSense. Likewise, users can use the coding patterns for the purpose of transforming data in XML documents, ADO.NET datasets, .NET collections, SQL databases and another format for which LINQ provider is available.
We are providing a vast collection of LINQ interview questions, which will help you in achieving success factors.
Best LINQ Interview Questions And Answers
LINQ is an abbreviated form of Language Integrated Query, which is a part of the language used to used provide seamless and consistent access to a number of data sources such as XML and databases. LINQ is categorized into three varieties namely LINQ (C#), LINQ providers (LINQ to SQL, LINQ to XML and LINQ to Objects), and data sources (collections, SQL and XML)
LINQ is used to make the code readable and compact and it is used to query different types of data sources. likewise, it is familiar language, required less coding, readable code, compile-time safety, IntelliSense support and shaping up of data support.
Following are the difference between LINQ expression and LAMBDA expression
1. LINQ expression- In order to extend the functionality a query capabilities LINQ expression to the language syntax of C# and Visual Basic.
2. Lambda expression- It is a function that is used to create expressions in the form of a tree. With the help of lambda expression, users can write local functions that can be passed as a return value of function calls
Following is the difference between SQL and LINQ queries-
1. SQL- The main return type of local variable that holds query in SQL is IQueryable. Moreover, it is a Structured Query Language used for the manipulation of data.
2. LINQ- The main return type of local variable that holds query in LINQ is IEnumerable. Moreover, it translates the query into equivalent SQL queries and sends them for processing to the server.
The query is an expression which is used to recover data from a variety of data sources and query can be expressed in specialized languages.
Three types of actions can be performed on LINQ query namely
- Get data source
- Create Query
- Execution of Query
LINQ does not support sequence operators but it is having the following qualities-
- Take lambda expression with an index parameter
- Depend on the properties of sequential rows
- Depend on the CLR implementation
Following are the difference between TAKE and SKIP clause
1. Take clause- Take clause in LINQ is used to return a specific number of elements.
2. Skip clause- Skip clause is used to skip the specified number of elements in the query and return rest all of the present elements.
LINQ is beneficial than stored procedure due to-
- Type safety
PLINQ stands for Parallel LINQ which is a query execution engine that drives and manages their operations on the top of the managed environment of .NET.
Advantages of LINQ
- Unified data access (Single syntax to learn)
- Strongly typed (During completion automatically catch errors)
- IntelliSense (Prompt attributes and syntax)
- Bind-able result sets
- Allows debugging through the .NET debugger
- Type checking at compile time
Disadvantages of LINQ
- Not suitable to write complex queries like SQL
- It does not support SQL features such as cached execution
- Performance degraded if the query is incorrect
- In order to incorporate changes in query, you need to recompile and redeploy it
The LINQ interview questions that most probably asked during the interview are providing in this blog that will help you in order to achieve the desired goals.