An Overview of Laravel 5
An open-source PHP framework, Laravel 5 is robust and follows the MVC design pattern. Because this framework reuses the current components of various structures, the web application designed using Laravel 5 is more structured and secure. Laravel 5 offers rich functionalities that include the essential features of PHP frameworks and other programming languages. Like its previous versions, even Laravel 5 has a rich set of features that will boost the speed of your web development. Our laravel 5 interview questions can increase your chances of getting a dream job.
Experienced developers who have hands-on experience with Core PHP and Advanced PHP will love the new features of Laravel 5. New features in the Laravel 5 include support for scheduling tasks through Scheduler package; Flysystem, an abstraction layer that allows the use of remote storage similar to local file systems, improved management of package assets, simplified authentication which is externally handled through optional Socialite package. Laravel 5 has also introduced an internal directory tree structure for dynamic applications. Employers get impressed when candidates have this information during Laravel 5 interview questions and answers.
Laravel 5 got released in February 2015. A SitePoint survey, conducted in March 2015, listed Laravel as one of the most popular PHP frameworks. Later, in June 2015, Laravel 5.1 was released. If you are studying for laravel 5 interview questions, dig more on this topic.
We also have a collection of more Laravel Interview Questions
Latest Version: Latest version Laravel 5.7 was released in September 2018. Read more about different versions and their features if you are preparing for Laravel interview questions and answers for the 5-year experience.
Laravel 5 Interview Questions and answers
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our Laravel 5 Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
- What is Laravel 5?
- Explain the difference between Laravel 4 and Laravel 5?
- What is routing in Laravel 5 and how we can use it?
- What do you mean by Composer?
- What do you mean by Eloquent used in Laravel 5?
- What are the Server Requirements for installing Laravel 5.7? Explain step by step.
- What are the directory structure of Laravel 5.7?
- What are the new features in Laravel 5.7? Explain
- How to generate & update Application Key in laravel 5?
- How to enable query log in laravel 5?
- What is database migration used in Laravel 5? Explain
- What are the benefits of Laravel over other Php frameworks? Explain
- How to create subdomain routing in Laravel 5?
- How to create route name in Laravel 5?
- What does csrf token in laravel 5?
- How to create & register a service provider in laravel 5?
- What do you mean by Elixir used in Laravel?
- How to enable/disable maintenance mode in Laravel 5?
- Explain, how to get current environment in Laravel 5?
- What are the Databases Laravel supports?
- What do you maen by Method Spoofing in Laravel 5?
- How to register a middleware in Laravel 5?
- What do you mean by make() Method?
- What do you mean by Binding in Laravel?
- What do you mean by Dusk used in Laravel 5?
- What do you mean by Horizon in Laravel 5?
- What do you mean by Tagging used in Laravel 5?
- What do you mean by Boot & Register Method used in Laravel 5?
- Lists the available Router Methods used in Laravel 5?
- What do you mean by Route Groups used in Laravel 5?
- What do you mean by View Composers?
- What is Monolog library in Laravel?
- What is Valet used in laravel 5?
- What do you mean by database seeding in laravel?
- What do you mean by terminable Middleware?
- What do you mean by Laravel Mix?
- What do you mean by Reverse Routing in Laravel 5?
Laravel 5 is an advanced version of Laravel. It is more structured and secure. It also offers rich functionalities that include the essential features of PHP frameworks and other programming languages. Laravel 5 got released in February 2015.
Like its previous versions, even Laravel 5 has a rich set of features that will boost the speed of your web development.
There are vast differences between laravel 4 and laravel 5 regarding LTS, features, file structures, etc.
Laravel 4 was the one who brought significant popularity to the Laravel framework, but it’s not updated anymore, and also it lacks a lot of functions released in Laravel 5.
- Laravel 4 released May 2013 but Laravel 5 released in February 2015.
- Laravel 5 has LTS Supports. It means the LTS version stands for Long Term Support. It implies that bugfixes for that version will be provided for two years, until the next LTS version.
- In Laravel 5, Controllers, middleware, and requests are now grouped under the app/Http directory.
- A new app/Providers directory replaces the app/start files from previous versions of Laravel 4.x
- Application language files and views have been moved to the resources directory.
- New route: cache Artisan command to drastically speed up the registration of your ways.
- Laravel 5 now supports HTTP middleware, and the included authentication and CSRF "filters" have been converted to middleware but not in Laravel 4
- User registration, authentication, and password reset controllers are now included out of the box, as well as simple corresponding views, which are located at resources/views/auth
- A database queue driver is currently involved in Laravel, providing a simple, local queue driver that requires no extra package installation beyond your database software.
- Laravel Socialite is an optional, Laravel 5.0+ compatible package that provides painless authentication with OAuth providers.
- Laravel now includes the powerful Flysystem filesystem abstraction library, providing pain-free integration with local, Amazon S3, and Rackspace cloud storage - all with one, unified and elegant API.
- The favorite dd helper function, which dumps variable debug information, has been upgraded to use the fantastic Symfony VarDumper
In contrast to Laravel 4 to 5 version differences, which were breaking and huge, 5.x and 5.y versions are not that different. Some functions added, some updated/removed, but the core structure remains the same.
To enable maintenance mode, we have to use this artisan command
php artisan down
To disable maintenance mode, we have to use this artisan command
php artisan up