Kotlin Interview questions
Kotlin is one of the latest JVM programming languages and Google has also declared it is the official language for Android development aligned with Java. It is also suitable for developing server-side applications through which a developer can build and execute expressive coding. If you are about to attend the Kotlin interview it is highly recommended that go through the advanced Kotlin interview questions and answers for your reference. Kotlin also supports Android application development functioning hence there is a wide range of scope learning the same. If you are looking for a parcel of opportunities from all across the organization then polish your skills and consider the resources.
Advantages of Kotlin
- This language is quite similar to Java hence it is quite easy to learn
- This application can be used on various devices and desktops. it also includes web service and mobile phones
- Kotlin refers to a functional language which is entirely based upon Java Virtual Machine, it helps in code optimization.
Kotlin interview questions have always helped the experience ’s to build their career in Kotlin's development and functioning. The references are incredibly marked for students to grow their careers exponentially with reputed organizations. Kotlin is preferred as a general-purpose programming language which is also a cross-platform service having type interference. Using Kotlin is convenient and safe to use and code also it is interoperable. Due to its utility, most of the organizations are actively hiring Kotlin professionals. This article actively contains Kotlin interview questions for experienced as well as fresher’s who are willing to build their career in Kotlin.
Best Kotlin Interview questions And Answers
- What do you understand by Kotlin, explain its working?
- Why Kotlin is better than Java?
- What do you understand by structural expressions?
- Please elaborate on the modifiers in Kotlin?
- Can you mention some of the extension methods used in Kotlin?
- What do you understand by data class in Kotlin?
- Mention the type of strings present in Kotlin?
- List down the basic data types in Kotlin?
- What are constructors, explain its types?
- Mention the major difference between the advantages and disadvantages of Kotlin?
Kotlin is an open-source programming language that entirely runs over the virtual machine for its proceeding. This language executes utilizing the Java platform and it was developed by JetBrains. This language is quite simpler than most of its variants specially Java.
All of its codes are converted into native quotes that are processed by the byte code conversion where it refers to the object-oriented programming language.
Structural expressions refer to the representative form of the loops in Kotlin. There are three important expressions which are:
- Break- this expression helps the user to break the nearest enclosing loop
- Return- this expression helps the user to return the nearest functions or any other default functions.
- Continue- this expression helps the user to proceed further for the next loop.
If you are looking for a decent set of questions then you can categorize it under the best Kotlin interview questions for experienced professionals.
Developers which are used to personalize declarations are known as modifiers and there are four types of modifiers available in Kotlin.
These modifiers are
- Public- all the declarations are visible here
- Internal- it uses the declarations present on specific locations
- Private- declarations are contained in restricted files
- Protected- here declarations are secured and usually not available for top-level declarations.
Some of the significant extension methods used in Kotlin are-
- Read texts () - it is helped to read the content present in files to a single string
- Buffer reader () - it is used to read the files to buffer reader
- Read each line () - it is used to read the lines by the following line after line
- Headlines () - it helps to read the content for listing.
The classes which are used to hold the data or content are known as data classes. Earlier these data classes were only used to build the codes in Java but following the explicit implementation of its higher and greater set of properties, it is significant in kotlin as well. Along with this language, functions like tostring, equals are also combined with it. Kotlin offers a variety of these functions by implementing them along with the component functions.
Basically, strings refer to a collection of various characters altogether. There are two types of strings present in Kotlin which are-
- Raw strings
- Escaped strings
Under these strings, templates can also be evaluated easily and this evaluation is known by term as string template interpolation.
Data types are the instances of consonants or variables tending to decide the type of variable. It also specifies the space required for the storage of these variables.
The data types are-
This is one of the significant kotlin interview questions and answers asked in most interviews.
There are two types of constructors in Kotlin which are-
- Primary constructor- It is a specific section of class header and mostly it is always declared after the class name.
- Secondary constructor- This section of the constructor is always declared inside the class.
The major differences between the advantages and disadvantages of Kotlin are-
|Advantages of Kotlin||Disadvantages of Kotlin|
|This language is quite similar to Java hence it is quite easy to learn||It does not provide a static modifier and thus it gets problematic for Java developer|
|This application can be used on various devices and desktops. it also includes web service and mobile phones||Its functions are declared and called at multiple places and thus all together they create confusion|
|Kotlin refers to a functional language which is entirely based upon Java Virtual Machine, it helps in code optimization.||Slower compilation speed reported by many developers.|
This question is considered as one of the most frequently asked Kotlin interview questions for experienced.