An Overview of Joomla
Developed by Open Source Matters, Inc., Joomla is a free content management system (CMS) for creating and publishing web content. It is built on MVC framework which can be used independently of your CMS. Since Joomla is written in PHP, it uses object-oriented programming techniques and software design patterns,.The framework stores data in a MySQL or PostgreSQL database. Some of its unique features are RSS feeds, page caching, blogs, news flashes, and multilingual support. Joomla is said to be the second most used CMS globally, after WordPress.
The first version of Joomla was released in Sept 2005 as a repurposed release of Mambo.
Latest Version: The latest version is Joomla 3.9.1 released in Nov 2018.
If you are preparing for Joomla advanced interview questions, do memorize the advantages of Joomla.
- Publishing blogs is very easy.
- Strong online community
- Built-in SEO functionality
- Easy to extend and customize
- Excellent plugins
Here are some of the “Joomla Questions and Answers” for freshers as well as experienced candidates:
joomla interview questions and answers
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our joomla interview questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
- What is Joomla & why it is used for?
- List some advantages & disadvantages of Joomla? Explain
- How to upload a new template in Joomla?
- What do you mean by plugins, modules and components used in Joomla?
- How to remove page title from front page in Joomla?
- What do you mean by section, categories and content items in Joomla?
- How to change favicon in Joomla?
- How to install extensions in Joomal? Explain
- What is the term "Positions" used in Joomla?
- What is the difference between Drupal and Joomla?Explain
- What is the difference between Wordpress and Joomla?Explain
- What is language manager in Joomla?
- Explain the advanced features or add-ons in Joomla?
- How is the latest version of Joomal & when it released?
- How to update my Joomla website?
- List new features that supported by Joomal 3.9.1?
- How to take backup of my Joomla website?
- What is the default prefix used Joomla by default?
- How to add non-clickable menu item in Joomla?
- Lists the templates used in Joomla?
- Which editor is used in Joomla?
- How we can change the images for template in Joomla?
- How we can configure a Joomla site to use HTTPS? Explain
- How to configure mail function in Joomla?
- How to enable "Search Engine Friendly" (SEF) URLs when running Joomla using the server URL?
- How we can turn on /off caching in Joomla?
- List the server requirements for Joomla 3.x?
Go to admin area -> Settings -> Global Configuration -> System -> Cache Settings -> ON/OFF.
- Greater than PHP 5.3 or equal
- Greater than MySQL 5.1 or equal
- Greater than Apache 2.0 or equal