Informix interview questions
Informix is the product of IBM, and it comes within the IBM’s information management division which is primarily centered upon the numerous RDBMS ((relational database management system)). According to IBM, Informix is a safely embedded database which is optimized the data for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and the Internet of Things (IoT).
The Informix interview questions and Informix database interview questions will be answered below in the article.
The Informix database was designed by Roger Sippl in the late 1970s and was initially developed in his company Informix Corporation, and later in April 2001, IBM acquired it.
The current version of IBM Informix is 12.10xC12 which got released on 20th July 2018.
- Informix has a good OLTP performance than any other database
- The installation of Informix is straightforward, and it just takes 100 MB of memory.
- Informix has HADR (High Availability Data Replication) Server
- Informix can upgrade a cluster of servers without any downtime.
Best Informix interview questions And Answers
- Who developed Informix?
- What is a chunk in Informix?
- Explain the Informix Instance.
- What is a Database Object in IBM Informix?
- What is the role of Binary Large Object in Informix?
- What is the use of Key-Value Locking In Informix?
- What is the use of Extent in Informix?
- Explain about Informix 4GL.
- List down the features of Informix 4GL.
- What is a light scan in Informix?
- Name the SQL Joins that are Available In Informix.
- What Are The Informix Isolation Levels?
The Database object is a table or a view or any other type of objects supported by Informix. The Database objects are created using a statement SQL CREATE for these types of objects, and the database objects have owners.
A large binary object which is also known as a Blob is a collection of the binary data which is stored as a single entity in a database management system. Blobs are the audio or the images or the other multimedia objects.
Informix database uses a concept which is called key-value locking. Key Value locking is used to lock the deleted row. When the server deletes a row, then the critical values in the indexes of the table are not removed immediately. Instead, each key value is marked as deleted, and a lock is placed on the critical value.
Informix 4GL is a fourth-generation database which was developed in the mid-'80s. Informix 4GL provides the flexibility to work without the use of third generation programming languages like COBOL. Informix 4GL is mostly used in developing business applications.
- Informix 4GL database can handle the NULL values as the inputs and outputs within an Informix 4GL function.
- Informix 4GL database does not require the input or output parameters when publishing or subscribing to a web service.
- Informix 4GL database clients can also process structured data such as ARRAYs and RECORDs from the other 4GL applications.
- Informix 4GL database now includes the direct support for file I/O
There are four joins in the Informix:-
- INNER JOIN
- LEFT / RIGHT OUTER JOIN
- FULL OUTER JOIN
- CROSS JOIN
- DIRTY READ: Dirty Read Reads the data without checking whether the data is committed or not. During the read, no locks are held.
- COMMITTED READ: Committed Read reads only the determined data. During the read, no locks are held.
- REPEATABLE READ: Reads only the committed data. In this read, a shared lock is held on the rows. Other sessions can get the shared locks on those rows, but no one can get an exclusive lock.
- CURSOR STABILITY