An Overview of Hybrid Mobile App Development
These apps can be the best solution for businesses if they desire to launch their application on different platforms. They are relatively fast and simple to build for business also. With the continuously increasing demand, the placement world is in high need of hybrid app developers these days.
Now, let’s discuss the most employer preferred set of hybrid app interview question for experiences as well as freshers here for your better acknowledgment of this niche.
Advantages of Hybrid Apps Development
- Meager cost with ease of development, making it a suitable choice for small and medium businesses.
- A consistent and improved UI/UX experience across multiple mobile platforms.
- Ease of synchronization with other available compatible apps.
- Unlike web applications, hybrid applications are simple to maintain and doesn’t require multiple resources after development.
Read more all past version and their features if you are preparing for Hybrid Mobile App Interview Questions.
Hybrid apps development Interview Questions and answers
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our Hybrid apps development Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
- What is ANR Stands for?
- How a hybrid mobile application scoped and specified?
- How an operating system improves its battery life while running an app?
- Name few best hybrid mobile app frameworks.
- What are the limitations of a native mobile app compared to a hybrid app?
- Explain the difference between PhoneGap, Ionic, and Cordova?
- How can you render a huge item list in Ionic without affecting the scroll performance?
- Explain the difference between PhoneGap and AIR.
- What are the limitations or Cordova?
- What is a manifest file?
- Explain the term Intent.
- How to test an Ionic application?
- Explain the difference between ‘ionic prepare’ and ‘ionic build.’
Scoping for a hybrid mobile app starts with a long, hard review at the device as mobile devices offer different screen size, form factors, resolution, functionality and computing power. The developer has to understand the invention and how it can be used to achieve the best advantages while ensuring excellent user experience.
A mobile app will be notified whenever the operating system moves the apps between background and foreground. The operating system has to bound the environment run off a mobile application to improve the battery statistics.
This will also help with improving the user experience with the foreground app.
This is a good question concerning hybrid apps interview questions and answers.
The best developer and business preferred hybrid mobile app frameworks are as following: Ionic, PhoneGap, Accelerator Titanium, Kendo UI, Intel X DX, and Mobile Angular UI.
A native mobile application has the following disadvantages compared to a hybrid mobile app:
- Difficulty while testing new functionality
- Even small changes in a native mobile app require a recompile which slows up the whole development process
- Calls between interpreted and native environment could end up blocking UI thread.
With the collection-repeat directive that renders visible items only in the DOM, developers can present huge item lists without affecting the scroll performance. As items visible in a viewport are only provided with this process, the scroll performance will not be affected.
PhoneGap applications are usually executed inside the native web browser component for every supported platform, whereas AIR applications only the AIR runtime which enables developers to have a single code base with the exact similar behavior through all supported platform.
The Cordova has few limitations that we can expect with every hybrid mobile app framework.
- Not great to use for large applications that required lots of functionality and data as hybrid applications are slower compared to the native ones.
- As it supports cross-browser compatibility, lots of issues and bug could be faced with time, again which may require appropriate testing and optimization to cover.
- The issue may arise with plug-in compatibility with the different platforms and devices.
An Intent can be described as an ‘intention’ to do an action. It’s a message to inform developers about the activity they did or if something that to happen. Applications and OS will react accordingly to the intent.
Android has two types of intent:
- Explicit Intent
- Explicit Intent
As AngularJS is used Ionic applications, it has a rich set of test libraries such as Jasmine and Karma available to support the testing functionalities. These available frameworks can be used by developers to write the unit tests for Iconic applications.
The application provides live reload feature so the application can be easily tested over the browser.
The ‘ionic prepare’ function copies all the files from the WWW folder to the target platform’s WWW folder, whereas the ‘ionic build’ function performs the same while building the app’s source code so that the app can be run on an emulator/simulator or a device.