DbVisualizer Interview Questions
Overview of DbVisualizer
DbVisualizer is considered as the universal database tool for all the developers, database administrators & data analysts because it is a tool for all the leading databases like Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQLite and many more on almost all the leading platforms which are Mac OS, Linux or Unix, Windows, etc. All your questions related to DbVisualizer will be answered in the DbVisualizer interview questions mentioned below. DbVisualizer is one of the most cost-effective database management tools across the globe.
DbVisualizer was developed by the company DbVis Software. The free edition of DbVisualizer was released in the year 1999, and the pro edition was published in the year 2002.
Key Features of DbVisualizer
- Database Object Management
- Database Connection Management
- SQL Tools
The newest version of DbVisualizer is 10.0.18 which was released on 1st March 2019. The importance of the subject is high which leads to the rise in DbVisualizer Interview Questions.
Databases supported by DbVisualizer
- Apache Derby
Most Frequently Asked DbVisualizer Interview Questions And Answers With Examples:
- What is DbVisualizer?
- What are the uses of DbVisualizer?
- How do I connect the database to DbVisualizer?
- How do I export data from DbVisualizer to excel?
- How do I export data from Dbvisualizer?
- What the Best Alternatives to DbVisualizer?
- How to set max rows in a select query in DbVisualizer?
- How to view tables in Dbvisualizer?
- How to remove schema from dbvisualizer export from the command line?
- How to import an SQLite DB file into DbVisualizer?
- Can DbVisualizer import table data from a .sql file?
- How can we connect Neo4j JDBC driver with DbVisualizer?
DbVisualizer is actually a universal database tool. DbVisualizer is for the developers, analysts & database administrators. DbVisualizer can be used on almost all the leading Operating systems. The free edition of DbVisualizer was launched in the year 1999 and the commercial edition launched in the year 2002.
DbVisualizer has been used by millions of people for some of the following purposes:-
- DbVisualizer is used to connect to-, manage & query the multiple database types
- DbVisualizer is an all in one easy interface for all the database needs.
- DbVisualizer is used for producing the database reports.
- DbVisualizer is used to analyze the source data which is coming from the mainframe.
- DbVisualizer is used for writing faster code, and here it is also easy to make changes in the code.
- DbVisualizer is used for validating the database and for firing the queries to analyze the tables.
- Step 1:-In DBVisualizer, click on the Tools -> then click on Driver Manager -> and lastly click on Create a New Driver.
- Step2:-INow enter a name for the data source.
- Step 3:-INow enter JDBC:MySQL: in the URL Format box:
- Step 4:-INow below in the User Specified tab, click on the Open File button & then select the cdata.jdbc.mysql.jar file which is located in the library subfolder of the installation directory.
- Step5:-In the Driver Class menu now, select the MySQL driver class & cdata.jdbc.mysql.MySQL driver.
This is a very critical question in DbVisualizer interview questions.
The feature of exporting the table data is in DbVisualizer Pro only. Table data can be exported in the following steps:-
- Step 1:-Firstly select the table node in the Databases tab tree.
- Step 2:-Now open the Export Table dialogue through the right-click menu.
- Step 3:-Then select an Output Format, Options & Output Destination.
- Step 4:-Lastly Click on Export.
Table data can be exported in Excel, CSV, HTML.
There are many alternatives to DBVisualizer. Some of them are:-
Some of the alternatives to DbVisualizer are:-
- Sequel Pro
- Valentina Studio
- SQuirreL SQL
- PL/SQL Developer
- Database .NET
- Toad Edge
Point to be noted: Go through this Q&A very thoroughly as this is one of the essential DbVisualizer interview questions.
The entire data can be viewed by opening a Data tab in the following:-
- Step 1:- First find the table in the Databases tab tree.
- Step 2:- Now double-click on the table node to open its Object View tab.
- Step 3:-Finally open Data sub-tab.
The user can export all the objects or the selected objects in a schema by making the use of an Export Schema assistant.
Following steps are required to export a schema:-
- Step 1:-Firstly, Select the schema node in the Databases tab tree,
- Step 2:- Next launch the Export Schema assistant through the right-click menu,
- Step 3:- Then select an Output Format, Objects to export, Output Destination & Options,
- Step 4:- Finally Click on Export.
By doing the following steps, the SQLite DB file can be imported into the DbVisualizer:-
- Step 1:-Open Tools->go on Connection Wizard.
- Step 2:- Now choose SQLite from the list in the Select Database Driver pane and then click Next.
- Step 3:-Now the details pane load the file (.db or .sqlite) in the Database file name field.
- Step 4:-Click on Finish
Yes, the feature of Importing the data is only available in DbVisualizer Pro.
We can try by doing the following steps:-
- Step 1:-Download & install the DbVisualizer.
- Step 2:-Now in the Driver Manager add the JDBC driver jar as a Neo4j driver.
- Step 3:- Then add a connection to the database.
- Step 4:- Now Under the "Connection properties" change the "SQL Statements" as written below:
SELECT ALL: start n=node(0) match (n)-[:TYPE]->(type)<-[:IS_A]-(instance) return *
SELECT COUNT: start n=node(0) match (n)-[:TYPE]->(type)<-[:IS_A]-(instance)return count(instance).
Now user can be able to browse the type nodes as the tables & the nodes of those types as the rows. Now user can use the "SQL Commander" to for issuing an arbitrary Cypher query to the Neo4j server.