Couchbase interview questions
An Overview of Couchbase
Couchbase server is open-source software. Couchbase has a distributed multi-model NoSQL document-oriented database which is specially optimized for the interactive applications. These interactive applications serve users by creating, retrieving, storing, manipulating, aggregating and presenting the data. Couchbase is also known as Membase. Couchbase is designed so that it can be clustered from a single machine to a very large-scale deployment spanning various devices. All the questions related to Couchbase will be answered in the Couchbase interview questions mentioned below.
A query language N1QL (non-first standard form query language) is used for operating the JSON data in a Couchbase.
Our set of Couchbase interview questions is guaranteed to help you get your expected job.
- High Consistency power
- By default, the writes are asynchronous and therefore can be controlled
- It supports atomic operations
- It provides various data access paths to manage and query JSON documents
- It is easier for the developers to add intelligence to applications because the couchbase server has Built-in full-text search.
- Gives full-stack data platform for the Internet of Things and mobile applications
- Provides powerful parallel query processing
- Capable of doing document management and indexing
Couchbase server 1.8 got released in the January 2012 by a couchbase company, and in September 2012 couchbase server 2.0 got published which had JSON documents store.
The latest version of Couchbase server ‘Couchbase Server 6.0.1’ got released in Feb 2019. Couchbase Server 6.0.1 will now provide support to Amazon Linux 2 and Ubuntu 18.04 platforms.
Most Frequently Asked Couchbase interview questions And Answers With Examples:
- What is Couchbase and Why it is used?
- What are the key features of Couchbase?
- What is the difference between Couchbase and MongoDB?
- Explain Couchbase Server?
- Explain the features of the Couchbase server?
- Explain the difference between CouchDB and Couchbase?
- What is a data bucket?
- What is document in couchbase?
- What is vBucket in couchbase?
- Explain Data manager in Couchbase
- Explain Storage engines in Couchbase server?
- What is Analytics in Couchbase?
- What is Query Workbench in Couchbase?
Couchbase server is basically a NoSQL database which is elastic, fast and also easy to use. Couchbase server is also known as Membase which means couchbase server is distributed, multi-model NoSQL file oriented database software packet. Couchbase server is considered for the standard application which has many uses and is broadly adopted in the modern-day approaches.
Why is it used?
Couchbase Server is a specialist in providing low-latency data management for a large-scale interactive mobile, web and also IoT applications. Some of the requirements which couchbase server fulfill include:-
- Unified Programming Interface
- Core database engine
- Scale-out architecture
- Memory-first architecture
- Big data and SQL integrations
- Full-stack security
- Container and Cloud deployments
|1.||It gives seamless scalability||It gives multi-step scalability|
|2.||It comes with high consistency||It comes with low consistency|
|3.||The uptime of Couchbase is always up||The uptime of MongoDB needs maintenance|
The key features of the Couchbase Server are as follows:-
- Fast – Couchbase Server is high-speed and it process complex requests in a short time. Couchbase Server provides low latency and high throughput. The performance cost is also very low.
- Simple – Couchbase Server is straightforward to understand, manage, install, expand and use. In the couch. It is not essential to create and maintain the schemas in a couchbase server.
- Elastic – The Couchbase Server makes it very easy to relate the optimal quantity of resources to the ever-changing requirements of an application by distributing the data and me/O over virtual machines or over commodity servers. In couchbase server, the nodes can be extended from 1 to 100 tons and can also get reduced to uphold the application performance.
- Adaptive:- Couchbase servers adopt minor and significant changes in a straightforward way.
- Reliable – Couchbase server is very much stable and an enterprise-ready software, therefore, anyone can trust in mission-critical applications.
This is a fundamental Couchbase interview question.
|1.||CouchDB can only store JSON documents||Couchbase stores key-values, therefore, it can store JSON documents, Binary data and many more|
Point to be noted: Go through this Q&A very thoroughly as this is one of the essential Couchbase interview questions.
Couchbase Server stores the data in a data bucket. It is essential to have a data bucket because of the couchbase server only chooses a data bucket for storing its data. When the couchbase server is installed then data bucket gets created by default. The data bucket can store up to 250MB data but if more data has to be added then new bucket can be created on if there is enough space in RAM.
A document is basically an entry which is made to a database. Each document has a specific ID, and this unique Id is used to locate the document in the server. The application data like information regarding price and description is stored in the document, and the user can access this application data a per his/her requirement. The document gives the primary information about a particular essential task
On the server not always but mostly the document is stored as a JSON because it is a well-structured format and it can be searched and queried subsequently.
In some situations when the data have to be divided in a logical manner. vBucket is adopted for this purpose of sharing the data. All the buckets which are there in the Couchbase automatically get divided if this option of the bucket is enabled by the user. One of the best features about the bucket approach is that the users can make sure of effective allotment of the data throughout a cluster.
This is one of the most asked Couchbase interview questions.
Data Manager is a functional block having some useful applications. Data Manager is accountable for the purpose of storing and extracting the data from applications. There are many other tasks which the Data manager performs without impacting the functionality of the software. The majority of the data manager code is written in C and in C++.
Couchbase Server actually has a tail-append storage design which is unaffected to the corruption of data, abrupt loss of power or OOM killers. Data is written in the data file in an append-only manner, which enables Couchbase to do sequential write-ups for an update, and it also provides an optimized access pattern and also enhanced access patterns for disk Input/Output.
Analytics in couchbase is designed to run complex queries over numerous records with efficiency. Complex questions mean large ad hoc join, aggregation, set and grouping operations, any
of them may result in the long-running queries, high consumption of memory, high use of CPU and/or excessive network latency due to data fetching and also due to cross node coordination. Couchbase Analytics is mostly preferred for expensive queries
This is one of the favorite questions in Couchbase interview Questions.
With the help of Query Workbench, the user can easily explore the data and create, edit, run, and save N1QL queries, view and also save query results, and also examine the structures of the document in a bucket and all these features only in a single window.
Query Workbench Features
- A single visual interface to execute query development and testing.
- Complex queries can be easily viewed and edited by giving features like multi-line formatting, syntax coloring, copy-and-paste, auto-completion of N1QL keywords, bucket and field names and smooth cursor movement.
- By using the N1QL INFER command, the structure of the documents in a bucket can be viewed. The user does not have to select the documents randomly and predict the structure of the document.
- Query results are displayed in multiple formats: tree, JSON and table, and the query results can be saved to a file on disk.