Bpo Interview Questions
An Overview of BPO
BPO or Business Process Outsourcing is a modern day business practice in which an organization hires a specialized team with a specific task that the hiring side requires for a successful business operation. Outsourced business practices are mostly non-primary business activities. Organizations opt BPO, especially for two prime reasons. The first one is that it’s a decidedly less expensive option compared to in-house work and the second reason is to improvise the existing service to a higher level. BPO service providers usually have service level agreements with their clients which ensure optimum service quality on which basis they will be paid. This provides both quick turnaround time and quality work for enterprises. This information and the information that we are offering through BPO Interview Questions and Answers we are mentioning below will help you get enough of the knowledge about BPO.
There are three types of BPO services depending on the service provider’s location.
- Offshore Outsourcing: Here an organization contracts to a foreign company to acquire services.
- Nearshore Outsourcing: In this scenario, organization contracts service providers in neighboring countries.
- Onshore Outsourcing: Here an organization contracts with a company in the same country as the hiring organization.
Furthermore, BPOs are extremely helpful in creating significant and continuous opportunities globally. We will further top BPO interview questions for your acknowledgment. They adopt projects in which they are specialized, offering their clients a pipeline of guaranteed growth, profit and success.
- Enhanced efficiency and speed with business processes.
- Superior competitive advantage and enhanced engagement with value chains.
- Increased organizational growth and fewer asset expenditures.
- Zero investment in unrelated primary business strategy assets.
There are numerous BPO interview questions and answers for freshers as well as experienced available online, which may confuse BPO aspiring candidates what to follow and what not to. Here we have collected a list of most employer asked BPO interview questions for you to follow, ensuring guaranteed success in this niche. So, let’s start with them.
Best Bpo Interview Questions And Answers
- What is the place of BPO in the current market?
- What have you decided for yourself with our organization in the next five years?
- What role do you see yourself as a Team Player?
- Describe shortly what is BPO and how it works?
- Are you comfortable working with night shifts?
- Explain the difference between offshore and nearshore outsourcing.
- Explain inbound and outbound call centers.
- Explain back office and front office outsourcing.
- Differentiate between KPO and LPO.
- BPOs and call centers, are these two the same?
- Explain the voice process and the web chat process.
- Explain the importance of ISO: 9000 in the BPO industry.
- Differentiate BPO and corporate industries for job seekers.
- Name the types of BPOs.
- Name a few primary reasons why companies outsource.
- What are the core qualities that you need to succeed in the BPO industry?
- BPO Industry gives preference to what: customer service or technical support?
- Explain the working principle of Automatic Call Distribution.
- What exactly is required if it doesn’t have an appropriate solution for a customer-on-call?
- Explain shortly how you would approach customers in an inbound and outbound process.
Today, many companies failed to survive the market competition due to either the economic crisis or other business reasons. The rapidly increasing and improving the BPO sector has helped to reduce the unemployment marginally in most of the developed and highly populated countries.
Here the answer can vary according to the candidates’ position. But, the most appropriate response will be “I desire to cover up a responsible position where my organization will count me as a valuable asset for its operation, and at the same time grow with the company also.”
This is another BPO non voice interview questions and answers for freshers. Answer this one as an excellent basis. Specify that you will perform for the good of your team rather than for yourself. Stay away from the bragging and utilize the matter-of-fact tone as this is a crucial point for your selection.
Business Process Outsourcing, shortly known as BPO is a process where an organization outsources its non-core business processes to another company where those will perform by the industry niche experts effectively in a quick period with affordable cost.
This question may be a simple one but always answer this as YES if you want to pursue a career in this niche. All the majority of outsourcing work is mostly done with the different country timeline, so the chances are high that you may drop in a night shift job from the very beginning. It also shows the willingness of the candidate towards the job.
When a project allotted to an organization with a base of operation outside a country that is not nearby is called offshore outsourcing, whereas in nearshore outsourcing the project is granted to a neighboring country to be completed.
The difference you must remember: Get ready to be answerable to this question. This is a favorite bpo interview questions with answers of many interviewers. Don’t let this question waste the opportunity. Read it twice.
In an inbound call center, mostly the calls for various complain departments are received and assisted with appropriate supports, whereas the outbound department will place a call which primarily supports the service department.
In the back office outsourcing, an organization outsources an internal process of its operation. For example, outsourcing your finance operations will be counted as a back office outsourcing. Compared to this, the front office outsourcing involves call and customer handling related processes.
KPO or Knowledge Process Outsourcing is a process where BPO’s handle high analytical, technical and subject-oriented processes. Outsourcing your software development will be marked as a KPO process. Whereas, Legal Process Outsourcing or LPO process a company outsources all its legal works to another legal firm to be performed.
Not. BPO is the first circle which includes back office and front office outsourcing. Call center operations are a part of BPO’s front office outsourcing. BPOs can handle various business processing units; from software development to HR services and finance also.
These two are first ITEs solutions of any BPO call centers to get in touch with leads and customers. In the web chart process, call centers communicate with customers via chat heads on the website. Whereas in the voice process, they contact leads and customers over the phone.
Point to be noted: The difference between web-chat and voice-process is mostly asked in BPO Interview Questions. Read it twice and analyze the difference.
The ISO: 9000 standard regulation is based on the best ideology to plan, perform, check and operating cycle of an organization. It brings a decisive motive for customer satisfaction for the BPO industry as it makes use of crucial KPIs or key performance indicators as a medium.
The BPO industry has an excellent source of scope for the freshers who haven’t perused any professional courses. The opportunities present here are plenty to becomes confident corporate in the future. The work timings can be hectic but the candidates here can learn various new processes and can master them with time. This is the curve that most of the corporate industries are still unable to offer.
Here are the few crucial reasons why companies outsource:
- It helps with a great deal of cost-cutting.
- Companies can focus more on the core activities of the organization.
- Work completion by the domain experts.
As BPO is a highly competitive industry, rising in the ladder here will require hard work, excellent communication skills, persistence and a commercial approach to business. The growth opportunities here are tremendous; we have to grasp them.
The BPO ecosystem greatly values both of the operations. Technical support helps abroad customers deal with tech problems such as any software related problems, whereas customer service can deal with non-technical queries such as insurance claims and connectivity issues.
Key point: Freshers, this is very important for you all. It is one of the best BPO interview questions you should know. It is asked in many interviews.
ACD or Automatic Call Distribution is a random process utilized in BPO call centers to allocate all calls of customers to the floor agents free to receive a call.
When the solution is unknown, the best way to handle a customer is to politely ask the caller to hold the line while you connect the call to the appropriate person. In the case of tech support, this could be a niche specific engineer, and in case of call centers, this could be a person-in-charge or the oversee manager.
In an outbound customer approach, the customer must be hooked with the product or service benefits in their life, whereas an inbound customer approach requires a path to the quickest and most effective solution for the customer’s problem.