An Overview of AWS
AWS or Amazon Web Services is one most advanced, globally renowned and secure cloud service platform which offers content delivery, database storage, compute power and a wide range of other internet-based services. The platform gives developers the flexibility to select any programming environment or development platform according to their preference. All the popular AWS interview questions and answers have been put together which will be handy if you want to crack an interview.
Hence, users here will only have to pay for what they use, with low operating costs and no upfront capital costs, AWS is the most cost-efficient way available today to deliver stored data, computational resources, and other applications to end users. As AWS certification is one of the most sought-after professional skill in industry, interviewers require to prepare themselves with best AWS interview questions adequately and suggested answers to get their hands on best career rewarding jobs.
Advantages of AWS
- Easy to use application hosting platform
- Freedom to select the operating system, application platform, programming language, database, and other services as pre preference
- Highly cost-efficient solution
- Excellently scalable and high performance
- End to end approach for secure and harden infrastructure
Master your AWS knowledge with a below-mentioned set of renowned tech interviewer handpicked AWS interview questions and suggested answers for them.
AWS Interview Questions and answers
- What is AWS and how does it work?
- What is the purpose of AWS?
- What is the advantage and disadvantage of cloud computing?
- What are the components of VPC?
- How do I connect to Amazon s3?
- What is the max size of an object that can be uploaded through the s3 console?
- How to connect to VPC in different regions?
- How many security groups are there in VPC?
- What is scalability AWS?
- How do I enable auto-scaling in AWS?
- What is ec2 in AWS?
- What does s3 stand for in AWS?
- What is AMI and how to create an AWS AMI?
- What is the difference between snapshot and AMI?
- What is lifecycle hook in AWS?
- What is lambda and why AWS lambda is used?
- What is Amazon CloudFront used for?
- What is Load Balancer and how it works in AWS?
- How do I create a classic load balancer in AWS?
- What is RDS in AWS?
- What is AWS subnet?
- How do I create a subnet on AWS?
- What is an Elastic IP in AWS?
- How do I create an elastic IP on AWS?
- What happens to your data when an ec2 instance is terminated?
- What is Route propagation in AWS?
- What is t2 in AWS?
- Can we change the instance type in AWS?
- What is the difference between AWS and ec2?
- Explain the difference between Amazon EBS and s3?
- What is ElastiCache used for?
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our AWS Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
Simplified, AWS of Amazon Web Service is a wide range of advanced cloud computing applications which allows users to lease Amazon’s servers instead of purchasing their own. This makes storing a large amount of data and running applications faster, cheaper and more comfortable. AWS owns network-connected hardware required for application services, while users provision and utilize as per their requirements via various web applications.
- To operate application and web servers in the cloud for dynamic web hosting.
- Large and secure cloud-based platform to store files and easy access them anywhere and anyplace.
- Use of most advanced and popular databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server or MySQL to store user preferred information.
- Quick delivery of dynamic and static files around the globe using CDN – Content Delivery Network.
- Deliver user-specified services only
- Bulk email sending to customers.
|1.||Cost efficient option||Vulnerability to online attacks|
|2.||Excellent accessibility||Dependency on network connectivity|
|3.||Easy backup and data restoration||Vendor lock-in|
|4.||Strategic edge||Limited control|
|5.||Quick and efficient manageability||Downtime|
|6.||Sporadic batch processing|
To connect to Amazon S3, we have to follow these below-mentioned steps:
- Get the login credentials from Amazon Portal –Access Credentials web page.
- Then, open a new connection
- Go to menu –File –Connection
- Now select the S3 protocol
- After that select Amazon S3
- Enter the previously obtained username and password
- Finally, click OK to connect
The individual objects that can be uploaded through the s3 console can range from 0 bytes to a maximum limit of 5 terabytes, whereas the most massive object that can be uploaded in a single PUT is 5 gigabytes. Customers have to use Multipart Upload capability to upload an object more significant than 100 megabytes.
To set up auto-scaling in AWS, follow these steps:
- Access EC2 console and select Launch Configuration from Auto Scaling
- Choose AMI and select Amazon Machine Image present in My AMIs tab
- Choose the type of the instance and click configure details
- Now name the configuration
- Add storage and security groups
- Click on Create launch configuration
EC2 or Elastic Compute Cloud is a web-based service that permits businesses to run application programs in the Amazon Web Services public cloud. The service is specially designed to make web-scale cloud computing easier for developers. It also allows developers to obtain as well as configure capacity with minimal friction.
AMI or Amazon Machine Image is a virtual appliance particular type, used to instantiate a virtual machine within Amazon EC2 or Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud. AMI serves as the basic deployment unit for services delivered using EC2.
|1.||A snapshot of the file system that user able to mount to an EC2 instance.||It’s a pre-built image of the server that users can deploy to EC2.|
|2.||Holds only data that has changed since the previous snapshot.||When AMI is created, it holds a partial record of the volume.|
In AWS, the lifecycle hook is a feature included in the auto scaling which helps to control instance launch and termination state within the auto scaling group. It remains in a waiting mode for a certain amount of time when the instance is paused. We can create lifecycle hooks by using the command
put-lifecycle-hook. Lifecycle hooks are also customizable with various actions such as by defining a target notification for the lifecycle hook, creating an instance running script as the instance starts or determining a CloudWatch Event target to invoke functions associated with the Lambda when the lifecycle action occurs.