aws interview questions
AWS or Amazon Web Services is one most advanced, globally renowned and secure cloud service platform which offers content delivery, database storage, compute power and a wide range of other internet-based services. The platform gives developers the flexibility to select any programming environment or development platform according to their preference. All the popular AWS interview questions and answers have been put together which will be handy if you want to crack an interview. Master your AWS knowledge with a below-mentioned set of renowned tech interviewer handpicked AWS interview questions and suggested answers for them.
Advantages of AWS
- Easy to use application hosting platform
- Freedom to select the operating system, application platform, programming language, database, and other services as pre preference
- Highly cost-efficient solution
- Excellently scalable and high performance
- End to end approach for secure and harden infrastructure
Best AWS Interview Questions And Answers
To connect to Amazon S3, we have to follow these below-mentioned steps:
- Get the login credentials from Amazon Portal –Access Credentials web page.
- Then, open a new connection
- Go to menu –File –Connection
- Now select the S3 protocol
- After that select Amazon S3
- Enter the previously obtained username and password
- Finally, click OK to connect
The individual objects that can be uploaded through the s3 console can range from 0 bytes to a maximum limit of 5 terabytes, whereas the most massive object that can be uploaded in a single PUT is 5 gigabytes. Customers have to use Multipart Upload capability to upload an object more significant than 100 megabytes.
To set up auto-scaling in AWS, follow these steps:
- Access EC2 console and select Launch Configuration from Auto Scaling
- Choose AMI and select Amazon Machine Image present in My AMIs tab
- Choose the type of the instance and click configure details
- Now name the configuration
- Add storage and security groups
- Click on Create launch configuration
EC2 or Elastic Compute Cloud is a web-based service that permits businesses to run application programs in the Amazon Web Services public cloud. The service is specially designed to make web-scale cloud computing easier for developers. It also allows developers to obtain as well as configure capacity with minimal friction.
AMI or Amazon Machine Image is a virtual appliance particular type, used to instantiate a virtual machine within Amazon EC2 or Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud. AMI serves as the basic deployment unit for services delivered using EC2.
|1.||A snapshot of the file system that user able to mount to an EC2 instance.||It’s a pre-built image of the server that users can deploy to EC2.|
|2.||Holds only data that has changed since the previous snapshot.||When AMI is created, it holds a partial record of the volume.|
In AWS, the lifecycle hook is a feature included in the auto scaling which helps to control instance launch and termination state within the auto scaling group. It remains in a waiting mode for a certain amount of time when the instance is paused. We can create lifecycle hooks by using the command
put-lifecycle-hook. Lifecycle hooks are also customizable with various actions such as by defining a target notification for the lifecycle hook, creating an instance running script as the instance starts or determining a CloudWatch Event target to invoke functions associated with the Lambda when the lifecycle action occurs.
AWS Lambda is an advance compute service that lets users run code without managing or provisioning servers. Users can also build here serverless applications which are composed of functions and triggered by events and automatically deployed using AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline. The AWS Lambda is used to:
- Build on-demand and smaller applications which are responsive to events and new information.
- Support native Linux executables operate securely by calling them out from a supported runtime.
- Execute code in response to triggers.
- Real time file and stream processing.
- Perform data sorting, filtering, validation and other changes for data in a DynamoDB table and then load them to another data store.
Amazon CloudFront is an advanced content delivery network offered by AWS which provide a globally-distributed network of proxy servers that cache content such as web videos and another type of big media, locally to consumers. This exceptionally improves the access speed for downloading the content for users.
In AWS, the load balancer improves responsiveness and exceptionally increases the availability of applications. It sits between server firm and client accepting application traffic, incoming network and distributing that traffic across multiple backend servers with the help of various methods. It agrees with the client’s incoming traffic and routes requests to the registered targets in availability zones. The load balancer also reviews the health of registered marks and makes sure that the traffic should only be routed to useful destinations.
Follow the below mentioned steps to create a classic load balancer:
- Select a load balancer type
- Define that load balancer
- Now assign security groups to that load balancer in VPC
- Then configure health checks for EC2 instances
- Continue with a registeringEC2 instance with a load balancer
- Tag the load balancer
- Now create and verify that load balancer to finish the proces
Amazon RDS or Amazon Relational Database Service is a web-based service which helps users for cloud-based relational database setup, operation, and scale. It offers excellent resizable capacity and cost efficient for a relational database which is industry stranded and also manages common database administration tasks.
Simplified, AWS of Amazon Web Service is a wide range of advanced cloud computing applications which allows users to lease Amazon’s servers instead of purchasing their own. This makes storing a large amount of data and running applications faster, cheaper and more comfortable. AWS owns network-connected hardware required for application services, while users provision and utilize as per their requirements via various web applications.
- To operate application and web servers in the cloud for dynamic web hosting.
- Large and secure cloud-based platform to store files and easy access them anywhere and anyplace.
- Use of most advanced and popular databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server or MySQL to store user preferred information.
- Quick delivery of dynamic and static files around the globe using CDN – Content Delivery Network.
- Deliver user-specified services only
- Bulk email sending to customers.
|1.||Cost efficient option||Vulnerability to online attacks|
|2.||Excellent accessibility||Dependency on network connectivity|
|3.||Easy backup and data restoration||Vendor lock-in|
|4.||Strategic edge||Limited control|
|5.||Quick and efficient manageability||Downtime|
|6.||Sporadic batch processing|
Hence, users here will only have to pay for what they use, with low operating costs and no upfront capital costs, AWS is the most cost-efficient way available today to deliver stored data, computational resources, and other applications to end users. As AWS certification is one of the most sought-after professional skill in industry, interviewers require to prepare themselves with best AWS interview questions adequately and suggested answers to get their hands on best career rewarding jobs.