What is the difference between Office 365 and Office 2016?
- Office 365 can only be utilized online, while applications installed locally Office 2016 applications are available regardless of internet connection.
- Office 365 is primarily a cloud service that gives access to various applications, tools, and services that are built around a subscription plan whereas Office 2016 is a "buy once up-front and install" software program
- Office 2016 applications are available in the Office 365 subscription plan for local installation.
- For users who are home, Office 365 includes access to cloud-based applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and One Note, and cloud-based services that include One Drive and Skype, and Skype, while Office 2016 does not include Skype from the service.
- The Access and Publisher apps are available. Publishers are only available in Office 2016. It is available as a Desktop install.
- Office 365 business users can sign up for additional cloud services such as SharePoint, Yammer, and Microsoft Teams whereas Office 2016 does not offer any of these services for business.
BY Best Interview Question ON 28 Feb 2023