TDR Full Form
Ticket Deposit Receipt
TDR full form in railway shows the Ticket Deposit Receipt. If your previously-booked train ticket is canceled for any of the reasons specified by the Indian Railways, you can file a refund claim.
Causes for TDR Filing
- If the Indian railways decided to cancel the train.
- If the train is more than three hours late, the passenger might decide not to take the trip.
- The passenger must pay the price difference and sit in a lower class of service than what was originally reserved.
- If the air conditioning in the AC buses does not function.
- When passengers don't have valid forms of identification and still board a flight.
- If the TTE decides to charge the passenger more money, this clause protects the TTE.
- There was a detour, and the train never reached the boarding station.
- The train skipped the final station and went in a different direction.
- Unfortunately, the train did not make it to its final destination.
- After chart preparation, the ticket status was changed to RAC, and the passenger did not travel.
- Although the passenger's reservation had been confirmed or a waitlist had been established, the passenger did not use either option.
- It turned out that the passenger missed his connection, which is why he arrived late.
Deposit Receipt Procedures for Tickets
- TDR reimbursements will be handled according to the railroad's regulations.
- TDR paperwork is submitted no later than 30 days after the train has left.
- It will take at least 60 days to process the refund.
- Requests for refunds in the case of E-tickets can be submitted digitally.
- With an i-ticket, you can get a TDR by turning in your ticket to the station master. Then, mail the original TDR and the passenger's claim to the responsive id.
- In the above scenario, at least 90 days are necessary.
When and How to File a TDR with the IRCTC
- Access your IRCTC profile. Just go to the booked tickets page.
- After deciding on the PNR that needs a TDR, you can fill one out by clicking the File TDR tab.
- Passenger information can be retrieved from the ticket information.
- Please choose the reason or provide your explanation for the others.
- The 'submit' button must be pressed.
- The successful completion of the TDR filing process will be evidenced visually.
- If the message box's contents check out, click the OK button.
- There was a complete filling of your TDR.
- The PNR number, transaction number, reference number, TDR status, and reason will all be displayed on the confirmation page after you submit a TDR.
- The zonal manager's signature is needed on the TDR application. Therefore, the time frame for a refund varies depending on the reason, and the refund may be denied altogether.
BY Best Interview Question ON 06 Jan 2023